Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Drawstring Backpacks : :

In between all the quilt top making, and the birthday crown making, and the just generally sitting around admiring all the beautiful fabrics that keep arriving from Art Gallery Fabrics, I've been sewing up a few new Quick Quilt As You Go drawstring backpacks. I can't tell you how much I love my own drawstring backpack, I take it everywhere! They're such fun to make, and have the potential to be a great stash-buster! I keep thinking I'll use up as much of the stash as possible whenever I decide to make more, but these new collections just pull me right in! And, then at least I don't have to refold and refuss with trying to stack and keep my stash all color-coded and pretty, right!?

Pretty Lace Drawstring Backpack

This first one features prints from both my Nightfall and Fleet & Flourish collections, with a few added coordinating AGF prints, denim, and vintage lace embellishments. I've been using these sweet colors so much lately, in both my recent Reverie and Nightland quilt tops. This color combination will always be one of my favorites!

Pretty Lace Drawstring Backpack

Stripey Back

Lacy & Herringbone Backpack

Then yesterday I made this Observer fabrics & denim drawstring backpack and I completely fell in love! It's so prefect for Fall! These prints and colors work so well for this style of bag.

Observer & Denim Backpack

Observer Backpack Tabs

Observer Drawstring Backpack

Observer Stripey Backpack Back

I'll have to make another for sure! But first, I had started a second Observer fabric quilt immediately after finishing my first one, but shelved it when it was feeling a bit too much like the one I had just made. The excitement over this backpack, with a few weeks break, and a new quilt pattern plan has me ready to finish it up. It should hopefully come together quick, be back soon!

♡ Maureen  

12 comments:

  1. I love these little back packs too! my kids use them for gym clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the diagonal ones best. Such a busy lady😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first and the last one. It's a tie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all either diagonal or horizontal! I think I prefer the one with the teal and the peach more because it feels softer, the other one is darker but also pretty! ♡ great work Maureen! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore them both... But oh... The Observer one is truly calling to me! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!